As a rural community, the town of Carp looks to its churches to support needs, activities, and interconnection amongst residents. Our three congregations not only help support families through our ongoing support of the local Food Access Centre and our Christmas programs but also through participation in, and hosting of, community activities that provide opportunities for individuals to connect with each other. In addition, our Parish supports the outreach mission of the larger Anglican Diocese in Ottawa and Canada by assisting adults and children in poverty, First Nations Communities, emergency responses to disasters, and more.
Our parish extends its outreach service in the following ways:
- Hosting the Neighbourhood Tomato Community Garden on the St. James property
- Taking muffins to the students at West Carleton Secondary School on the first day of the Winter and Spring exams
- Joining with our United Church neighbours to host an outdoor community Good Friday walk through the village core area
- Supporting and actively participating in the West Carleton Memorial Remembrance Day Service
- Providing volunteer support at events like the Diefenbooker Community Run and the Carp Fair
- Inviting families from throughout the community to a Family Pumpkin Carving Fun Night
- Providing facility space to community organizations for book sales, meetings, family parties, and other activities
- Continuing to work with partners like the Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre to help support people of all ages in our community
We are always looking at ways to reach out!