As the body of Christ we are called to care for those in need throughout our community. We do this by being in relationship with each other and reaching out to those who need a lending hand and a listening ear.
All Christians are called to this task of caring and can demonstrate care with a friendly smile, a prayer, or deepening their relationship with friends and neighbours.
Our Parish cares for many community members in unique ways, including:
- Being present in the community of Carp
- Taking Home Communion to House Bound parishioners
- Visiting the elders in our community; especially during the seasons of Easter and Christmas
- Supporting families and friends at times of death and grief
- Providing transportation to and from church services
- Responding confidentially to those in crisis
- Conducting a monthly service at West Carleton Apartments
- Supporting many parishioners transitioning through various life events
- Providing Communication materials, devotional booklets, and flowers for home-visit