Please join us for our Annual five week study throughout the Lent season (five weeks prior to Easter). For five Thursdays we will gather together at the Parish Hall from 6:30 – 8:30pm for reflection, silence, art, snacks, and conversation.
We will use poetry from Mary Oliver’s book of poems called ‘Devotions’ (if you would like to purchase a copy of the book you can purchase it HERE, but it is not mandatory) and we will also be reflecting on the weekly Psalms assigned to us this Lent in our Common Lectionary schedule.
All materials will be supplied for our weekly gatherings and attendees will be invited to bring snacks.
What we will do each week?
- Read and Reflect on the Psalms ~ including conversation and colouring art pieces designed to highlight the psalm themes
- Read and Reflect on a Mary Oliver Poem
- Have moments of silence and conversation
- Incorporate other art pieces, video, and spiritual practice
Who can come?
- Anyone who wants to commit to taking a ‘pause’ for their spiritual journey through Lent
- Anyone and everyone, this does not require any ‘expertise’
- You can come for all or some of the sessions
- Youth and Adults are invited to participate
When are the Sessions?
February 15th & 22nd
March 1st, 8th & 22nd
For More Information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
No experience necessary and all are welcome!